Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Child of the Earth

Written on the bus leaving Chico for the meeting place of Common Vision's 8th annual Fruit Tree Tour (commonvision.org)

I am a child of the Earth.
I skip lightly, swiftly
Through her dazzling pastures
In vivid greens and sparkling
Dewdrops.

I play with the insects
That hop and buzz and shine
And frolic with me
As I hop and buzz and shine
In the long, tall grass.

I spread my arms
And look to the sky
To see a flock of geese
Do the same.
The breeze catches my hair
And I know we fly
Together.

The blue-gray hills in the distance
Beckon.
I know when I am being called
To move.
And I must.

It is only right
Just, fair
To move when called
When you have received so much
Love,
Abundance,
Warmth,
That it fills you to the brim
And then some.

My cup is full.
Overflowing
With goodness.
The yellow flowers,
The birds, the trees,
The hills
Shout loud and clear:

Be heard!
Do it now!

And I will.
I must.

I am a child,
And a caretaker
Of the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment